UK Mama - Restaurant/takeaway. Your opinions...

Miss_S_83

I wish I had seen this thread before : (

Have recently been there for the set menu. We don't normally go out for meals (courtesy of the credit crunch), and I really wish we hadn't go. The service was really poor (the waiter was zombified), the meal was heavy in the stomach, with cheap cuts of meat, bones, tasteless starter and plonky wine, and the atmosphere was uncomfortable. An evening which was supposed to be a celebration, and I just want to forget it.

I wanted to like it, too, but all I can say is that I hope my stomach doesn't feel too bad this morning.

It says 'best newcomer prize' in their menus, but that must have been a long time ago. Not since my days as an au pair had I gone to such a poor standard of restaurant - I rather eat at home watching The Simpsons.

Interesting to read some of the comments on this thread...

I know the owner very well and my girlfriend and I regularly go along for the drumming workshops, after which we all sit down and have a meal in the restaurant.

Personally, I love the food but I understand it isn't to everyone's taste. I see what people say about the odd atmosphere as well, but I think that is all part of keeping it very informal.

However, I was at Peace in the Park last saturday and the queues for their food stall were just ridiculous. I don't think I ever saw less than about 25 people queuing all day long, and everyone commented on how good the food was - so they must be doing something right.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Please don't go there! I got really bad food poisoning in summer 2008. It is not worth risking it for the sake of saving a few pounds, it's people's health! Best to eat something nice at home or print a Money Saving Expert restaurant voucher for a BOGOF meal deal, for a meal that you can remember for the right reasons.

Please don't go there! I got really bad food poisoning in summer 2008. It is not worth risking it for the sake of saving a few pounds, it's people's health! Best to eat something nice at home or print a Money Saving Expert restaurant voucher for a BOGOF meal deal, for a meal that you can remember for the right reasons.

Crikey! :o Thanks for the warning! And for reminding me about MSE, i'll go look now :thumbsup:

Archived