UK Mama - Restaurant/takeaway. Your opinions...

Miss_S_83

I had a meal here recently after purchasing a voucher from Groupon.

Everything was very bad; first we got a call about an hour before we went to say that we couldnt go untill 2 hours after our booked time, then when we got there and waited about an hour and half for main course and then another 30 mins for desert. We got put at a rubbish table even though it was empty. The staff didnt have a clue - seriously, food was awful etc etc

BUT If you bought from Groupon it was only like £5 for a 4 course meal for 2 people so its not the end of the world is it!

We also purchased a voucher from Groupon for Radhuni on London Road, I can say everything was amazing!

Its not the price of the meal at UK Mama its the principal. But moving onto better things we went to Radhuni on London Road last week and it was lovely. I took my daughter her b/friend and her friend. We were spoilt rotten. We would definately be going there again. The atmosphere was excellent and the food arrived quickly. We had that much food left we asked if we could take it home. 10/10

No coupons but have you tried ZEENAT on Attercliffe Road. We go there quite a bit for the buffet on Mondays. If you mention them on facebook they do a free draw for Monday buffet for 2. My daughter was picked twice. Try it its less that £8 and the buffet changes each week so it makes it more interesting.

Its not the price of the meal at UK Mama its the principal. But moving onto better things we went to Radhuni on London Road last week and it was lovely. I took my daughter her b/friend and her friend. We were spoilt rotten. We would definately be going there again. The atmosphere was excellent and the food arrived quickly. We had that much food left we asked if we could take it home. 10/10

I bought the radhuni voucher too, not had chance to use it yet though. I also bought the thai one a few weeks back which was good, though I am most looking forward to my Aston Martin DB9 voucher!

I avoided the UK MAMA one after hearing previous reviews!

I bought the radhuni voucher too, not had chance to use it yet though. I also bought the thai one a few weeks back which was good, though I am most looking forward to my Aston Martin DB9 voucher!

I avoided the UK MAMA one after hearing previous reviews!

Hillarious!.

Use the voucher I will be getting afew if they repeat it.

I was really chuffed we'd got an Indian restaurant on London Road when Radhuni opened...unfortunately I had the most bland, lifeless Rogan Josh I've had for many a decade - so disappointing.. btw I had the most memorable meal - for all the wrong reasons - at UK Mama many years go on Valentine's night...it had disaster written all over it from start to finish...I'm frankly astounded it's still open..

I was really chuffed we'd got an Indian restaurant on London Road when Radhuni opened...unfortunately I had the most bland, lifeless Rogan Josh I've had for many a decade - so disappointing.. btw I had the most memorable meal - for all the wrong reasons - at UK Mama many years go on Valentine's night...it had disaster written all over it from start to finish...I'm frankly astounded it's still open..

They still have the Valentines decorations up. Prob from when u was there a few years ago....... lol x

That place is HORRENDOUS to say the least. I've said too much about that place already. They need to get their act in order and like quick!. In order to make it work they have to admit things are really wrong with the whole restuarant & staff. But to be honest we all know thats not going happen. So I would ask anyone to reconsider buying GROUPON vouchers for this place taking into account the reviews.

Im sorry you didnt enjoy your curry on London Road. We loved ours. How long has it been opened?

I went here with a groupon voucher - very cheap deal and have to say the food was really quite nice. It is so much in need of a make over inside and the waiter was the most bizarre waiter i have ever encountered - just felt it was a shame cos it kinda has potential

They still have the Valentines decorations up. Prob from when u was there a few years ago....... lol x

That place is HORRENDOUS to say the least. I've said too much about that place already. They need to get their act in order and like quick!. In order to make it work they have to admit things are really wrong with the whole restuarant & staff. But to be honest we all know thats not going happen. So I would ask anyone to reconsider buying GROUPON vouchers for this place taking into account the reviews.

Im sorry you didnt enjoy your curry on London Road. We loved ours. How long has it been opened?

Not long..a couple of months maybe...I was gutted cos it's bang opposite my local - the Cremorne - and extremely handy for a post-session curry!! Ok well, if you say you loved it I will give it a second go...I'm always happy to be proved wrong on such important matters :D

Thinking about it, on the night I went on, there were virtually no cooking smells/aromas - spices, garlic etc - coming from the kitchen...which you would expect in such a small restaurant and which I found a bit strange at the time...but then forgot about. Maybe the kitchen was down or something and they were making do. Anyway, thanks - I'll definitely give it another shot!

i also got the offer at groupon , the owner also asked us if we were enjoying it . i told him it was not very nice and had no taste he offered to cook us another meal but we also said no and left

included in the menu was either a free glass of wine or glass of punch , as i was drivivng i choose the punch,but to be informed that i had to pay for that as he had taken that from the offer

Archived