Tuckwoods of Alfred Road

jessiet

• 4 months later...

Does anyone out there have an Albert & Minnie Tuckwood both born around 1886 in their ancestry? Minnie Tuckwood nee Sawyer was one of my ancestors. I believe they lived in the Alfred Road area of Attercliffe. They had a son also called Albert born in 1914. Any info gratefully received as I am stuck in my family history.

Does anyone out there have an Albert & Minnie Tuckwood both born around 1886 in their ancestry? Minnie Tuckwood nee Sawyer was one of my ancestors. I believe they lived in the Alfred Road area of Attercliffe. They had a son also called Albert born in 1914. Any info gratefully received as I am stuck in my family history.

My uncle Harry Tuckwood came off Attercliffe and most of my family did.Check the attercliffe thread on here and there quite a few who knew them.:)

Hello Brooksey, many thanks for the prompt reply - does Harry go back to Albert and Minnie do you know? I would particularly like to know what happened to Minnie Tuckwood around the 1930's also where she lived. I only found out about the connection with Attercliffe since doing my family history and never lived there myself. Minnie's mother Hannah Thirza Steel and my gt. grandmother Maryann Steel were sisters , they lived at 10 Fell Street around 1900. Hope you can shed some light on this.

Hello Skillington - I have just been checking out the Attercliffe info on this forum and I am interested in Albert Tuckwood , born 1887 on Alfred Rd - I think he married Minnie Sawyer - her family had a farm on the corner of Weedon St and what is now Meadowhall Way in the late 1800's and then moved to 10 Fell Street where they had a coal carting business. I am trying to find out what happened to Minnie Tuckwood in later years. Any clues?

Hello Skillington - I have just been checking out the Attercliffe info on this forum and I am interested in Albert Tuckwood , born 1887 on Alfred Rd - I think he married Minnie Sawyer - her family had a farm on the corner of Weedon St and what is now Meadowhall Way in the late 1800's and then moved to 10 Fell Street where they had a coal carting business. I am trying to find out what happened to Minnie Tuckwood in later years. Any clues?

hi there albert was my greatgrandads brother he was called harry from what my dad tells me most of the brothers had carting businesses , did you know that sean beans mum was a tuckwood her grandad was one of the brothers im not sure which one though.I was in touch with a distant relative a few months agoi will find her email and give it to you she has lots of info

• 7 months later...
Unfortunately the Rosa Wilde I have links to was age 1 on the 1881 census so they are obviously not one and the same.

The links with the Tuckwoods are probably incidental, firstly Leonard Wilde and Ellen Tuckwood (later Ellen Wilde) are the witnesses on my Great grandparents (Walter Rawson and Hannah Wilde) marriage certificate dated 1897.

Secondly rumour has it that another great grandfather of mine Joseph Cordon lost his haulage yard to one of the Tuckwoods in a card game. I dont know how true it is. They all lived in the Alfred Road / Brightside Lane area.

my grandmothers maiden name was alice cordon, any relation?

• 2 years later...

hello there

I know your post is old but I believe Rose Wild, who married Joseph Tuckwood, was my great grandmother's sister and would love to beg a copy of the marriage cert from you. I could send you her birth cert in return!! Hoping you're still out there,

Mandy

Archived