Jazz?

Elyndys

Where's good for the more casual jazz scene in Sheffield? I mean, the 111 Club is lovely, but you can't go there for a relaxed drink on an evening. I'm thinking somewhere like the old Casablanca's, late of Regent Terrace (and before that, Devonshire Street): homely, but full of ambience. All and any suggestions welcomed! :)

There's Trippets on a Thursday night - Sizzlers Jazz club I think they call it, which has the the live music ambience that you're looking for.

Alternatively try Trippets on a Wednesday (yes that's my night and I'm plugging here), it's free to get in, open til 1am, with a tables and chairs, lowlit candlelight vibe, with DJs playing everything from 50s Jazz & swing thru Studio One, thru cookin' 60s/70s soul, thru brazillian stuff, thru Gilles Peterson inspired breaks. Plus more

Oh and we've got board games, VJ projections and a dance floor that can get lively in the latter part of the night...

Archived