What has happened to the Crystal Bar?

honestjoe69

I went in there last week after a gap of several months and was suprised by how scruffy it had become. The tiles in the toilets were were broken and the whole toilet area was generally dirty and unkempt. I didn't particularly like it when it pretended to be all 'VIP' but even that was better than it being in a state. and yes the music was like a bad wedding reception!

I think the choice was

a) stick to the stupid, pretentious dress code and rules about who comes in, limit your takings and probably go out of bussiness or

b) let anyone in, make some money and stay in bussiness

I agree, it was a london bar stuck in sheffield (i mean flares and yates). It just isn't going to work.

I havn't been in there for a while now. But i had heard its started to let the riff raff in.

Get a grip people. This is just one example of people on here slating money.I grew up on a council estate in Sheffield and I am very proud of it as well. It doesn't mean that I expected to be there for the rest of my life. I worked hard and earn a good living. Why people have issues with that I can only wonder. The only reason I see that they would have an issue with is the idea of "going to work" I think thwere aer far too many people on here who sat on their arses all day instead of working.

Good on ya! :)

tbh when I went into the Crystal Bar, I didn't even know it was supposed to be pitched as more upmarket, until I read this thread, to me the place had the same clientel in as the rest of the bars in town. I didn't see once difference to this bar whatsoever, there were drunkerd men dropping beer over everyone, women over 40 dressed like they were 18 and I didn't see one person who looked 'well to do'. I stay out of the town bars as it's just not nice, too many lower classes frequent them and I wish someone would open an upmarket place for the type of person who has more etiquette and standards rather than the usual on the pull or '****** up' types.

I do agree with a lot of what people say on this thread, you can't say anything about anywhere a bit more upmarket as everyone does say it's either pretentious or posh etc.....

tbh when I went into the Crystal Bar, I didn't even know it was supposed to be pitched as more upmarket, until I read this thread, to me the place had the same clientel in as the rest of the bars in town. I didn't see once difference to this bar whatsoever, there were drunkerd men dropping beer over everyone, women over 40 dressed like they were 18 and I didn't see one person who looked 'well to do'. I stay out of the town bars as it's just not nice, too many lower classes frequent them and I wish someone would open an upmarket place for the type of person who has more etiquette and standards rather than the usual on the pull or '****** up' types.

I do agree with a lot of what people say on this thread, you can't say anything about anywhere a bit more upmarket as everyone does say it's either pretentious or posh etc.....

Try drinking in some of the good proper old fashioned pubs in town. No scum, just people with proper manners after an enjoyable evening out. I find some of the so-called upmarket bars - Nonnas, West10 etc - can be very unpleasant when the customers have had a few.

Try drinking in some of the good proper old fashioned pubs in town. No scum, just people with proper manners after an enjoyable evening out. I find some of the so-called upmarket bars - Nonnas, West10 etc - can be very unpleasant when the customers have had a few.

Last time I visited the West 10 I thought i'd been transported to the Costa del sol.

Archived