What has happened to the Crystal Bar?

honestjoe69

Try drinking in some of the good proper old fashioned pubs in town. No scum, just people with proper manners after an enjoyable evening out. I find some of the so-called upmarket bars - Nonnas, West10 etc - can be very unpleasant when the customers have had a few.

Well said. The smaller 'real' pubs in town have a much nicer attitude, the sportsman is one of my favourites. There is a real mix of punters in there. Very rare there is any real trouble - not like my experiences in 'up market' establishments. Me and my friends can relax,have a few drinks and not be hassled by drunken slobbering idiots who assume as we are out without our blokes, that we are 'on the pull'

Think the real reason why it’s had to drop its illusion of exclusivity is because it’s owned by Brook Leisure, who spent a fortune refurbishing the classy Embrace nee Kingdom. Don't think there are any more people going there now, and they've got to get the money back somewhere. As has been pointed out by others ****** people (of whatever class) drinking large amounts of alco-pops is more profitable than the original Crystals clientele (the over 30s with a bit of money) who are a bit thin on the ground in Sheffield, you can't sustain a customer base if they're only coming into town 6 or 7 times a year.

Archived