Taxi fares at Xmas

Tim42

Why are the taxi fares at Xmass increased extortionatly so? Is it because of the antisocial hours worked during the Xmass period? Oh yeah! if thats the case why dont bus fare prices alter during the festive season? Not that I want them to you know. Fares is not fairs. It just greedy ripping people off. But plenty of people are willing to pay

Originally posted by Saxon

Its a basic business principle called 'supply & demand'. If the demand goes up, then you put the price up.

Theoretically, you put the price up until the demand levels off.

That is fairly true.

It is only perfectly true when there are no business regulations. In this example black cabs are licensed, so the licensing authority (City Council, I believe) should possibly address this.

To be honest if I was a cabbie I would do one of two things

1. Steer clear of NYE, and xmas generallty because it probably isn't worth the hassle.

2. If I can charge double (or whatever value it is) think, "hang on, maybe its worth the trouble"

So I guess that is your reason for the charges, cabbies will not work at this time of year if they can't charge more.

The way to stop it :- Boycott. Thats the language business understands.

I'm not a cabbie - but the abuse and crap drivers get on fri/sat from drunken yobs is justified in the extra fare - on nye and xmas people are more abusive and that reflective in the fare

if you don't want to pay - walk or catch a bus- it's as simple as that.

bus - you'll never f*****g get there and you will still have to walk to your house

walk - you'll freeze your b******s off

you have to pay for the price of convenience - you're getting slashed in the festive and the cabbie should ferry you around listening to abuse from you for a few quid - get real. good luck to the cabbies

there are many things in life we get screwed on (taxes,NI, petrol, cigarettes etc etc) - protesting never achieves anything because let's face the people who make the decision (who can pay) don't give a s**t about hard working people like us

Originally posted by CaptainSleep

I didn't think black cabs charged double, i thought they just stuck a couple of quid extra on the fair?

Bang on. They ain't charging double.. Whatever your fare is they are adding £2 extra (and whatever you give as a tip)

:D

Archived