Taxi fares at Xmas

Tim42

Originally posted by A_Partridge

we asked my mates dad whos a copper, and he said unless we got the driver number and stuff (which we didnt do) they couldnt really do anything.

Well, what the Police could potentially do (with more resources) and what they can actually do are not quite the same thing.

But I guess after being threatened then maybe getting the number plate was not the first thing you thought of (but I bet it will be next time)

Originally posted by donniedarko

has anyone else come across - lower bus fares after 6.15

i normally pay 1.10 to get to town, then one bus driver said to me, no its only a pund now as its after 6.15. since then ive tried to pay £1 but all the other drivers argue with me saying no its £1.10

First have currently got a promotion on route 51 - £1 maximum single fare after 6pm.

My dad runs a few cabs down south. I think it works the same up here in that at certain times (and the whole tariff has to be clearly displayed in the cab) the minimum fare is increased. The price per mile is ALSO increased. The meters have a pricing chip installed by the council and a lead seal put on top of it to prevent any fiddling.

They face a lot of abuse over the Xmas period and the robbings increase too!

Give them a break and remember these things:

a) you can negotiate the price of the journey beforehand if both you and the driver agree it. So if you're worried about a normally £8 trip costing £35, try and agree a price before setting off

b) if you vomit or damage the cab, the driver is allowed to charge you an extra fee. If you refuse to pay it, standard practice is to lock the doors and drive you to the nick, which will probably achieve nothing other than to substantially delay your trip home

Archived