Pho 68 - good new Vietnamese restaurant, London Road

Alastair

go onto sheffield star website, click on eating out they have just done a review of the same place. think they were impressed.

Or just click here.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/restaurants/Pho-68-157159-London-Road.3618890.jp

I like the readers comment at the bottom.

"Why did you send someone to review this restaurant who appears to know nothing about food?"

We went to Pho 68 a couple of weeks back and v. much looking forward to it. The service is really friendly but when the food came it was pretty ghastly. I ordered a soup with raw beef and what came was a huge mound of dish water with bits of beef. The beef was clearly from a cheap cut, which I don't mind, but it wasn't raw and hadnt been for a good few days. I suspect the microwave may have been to blame here. My partner ordered king prawns in rice paper. What came looked delicious, served with a sweet soup (not sure the proper name). However, what was in the rice paper were mounds of shrimps, v. cold shrimps. Both dishes were pretty inedible.

Now the Vietnamese Noodle Bar has gone downhill, looks like the only decent place on London Rd remains the Noodle Inn.

• 5 months later...

went to Pho 68 last night and it was excellent- good food, really cheap, really good service and no msg (i asked).

i also had the king prawns in rice paper- it's supposed to be cold (again, i asked). a really interesting dish- not like anything i've tried before and really tasty. i can definitely recommend this place if you fancy a more authentic experience.

We went to Pho 68 a couple of weeks back and v. much looking forward to it. The service is really friendly but when the food came it was pretty ghastly. I ordered a soup with raw beef and what came was a huge mound of dish water with bits of beef. The beef was clearly from a cheap cut, which I don't mind, but it wasn't raw and hadnt been for a good few days. I suspect the microwave may have been to blame here. My partner ordered king prawns in rice paper. What came looked delicious, served with a sweet soup (not sure the proper name). However, what was in the rice paper were mounds of shrimps, v. cold shrimps. Both dishes were pretty inedible.

Now the Vietnamese Noodle Bar has gone downhill, looks like the only decent place on London Rd remains the Noodle Inn.

Archived