The Casbah - is it worth going there?

ngie1

upstairs is very pricey and the beer isn't very good. Not a great atmosphere either.

Downstairs is basically a hall with a few clapped out chairs and tables either side and a run down seating area at the back. there is always beer everywhere. They use plastic glasses and the toilets :gag:

it is a dive. It's worse than Corp

Casbah ?

Nah not worth it any more - drinks extremely expensive, place empty and soulless, toilets disgusting, worst thing sof all shiet accoustics downstairs mean u get deafened with your ears ringing for 2 days afterwards - not a way to spend a sat night - instead get yerself over to cutler have 2 pints of lager for price of one and still be cheaper than 1 pt in casbah, great laid back crowd, good atmosphere, good music and even got a dance floor ..

oposite cole brothers just down from RVSP but before Casbah

Its got a white sign, cant miss it.

We recently started a night in Cutlers, was very nice indeed.

Is it a late bar then? i thought it was just a pub.

Cutler is quite nice, pleasantly surprised last time i went.

Drinks seemed to change price every 5 minutes thoug, first round was before 2 for 1 started and two pints and a bottle of corona came to £3.90... and impossible combination according to the menu. then the pints went up at 2 for 1 time???? hmmm..... still cheap though

its next to wetherspoons at bottom of division street

not sure about the sportsma, there is a localtype pub next to it but i thought that the sportsman was further down on way to leadmill / centre for pop music.

I wouldnt describe it as a rock bar though

Originally posted by Hubert

its next to wetherspoons at bottom of division street

not sure about the sportsma, there is a localtype pub next to it but i thought that the sportsman was further down on way to leadmill / centre for pop music.

I wouldnt describe it as a rock bar though

The local pub is the Sportsman, was a rough and ready rock bar at weekends for decades, but not quite so good recently.

Oh I was assuming that it was a rock bar as it was in the Casbah thread and that is supposed to be a rock bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Sportsman is classed as a rock bar and is generally quite good. Its usually full of regulars however things are a bit up in the air at the moment as the brewery have sold the lease so folks don't know what the new owners are going to do with it. Some say it will change into yet another townie joint others say the rumour is it will stay the way it is with current staff and landlord (who are all great). It would be a great shame to see it go!!!

Archived