RAC - Has anyone else had a really long wait to be rescued?

I lived in Norfolk.

I was insured with Norwich Union. - Norwich is a City in Norfolk.

As a part of my coverage, I had RAC Recovery.

I lived in Norfolk.

It's an unfortunate fact of life, but farmers in Norfolk grow Sugar Beet and when they harvest them they tend to spill things on the road.

Things such as 'Slow Mud'

'-UD'

AND #mUD#

They also dump flints on the road. Not the sort of flint you might find in a lighter, but the sort of flint you might find in an arrow-head - only bigger and sharper.

Rupert runs over a flint. Shredded rear tyre.

Rupert calls Norwich Union Recovery (RAC)

"What appears to be the problem, Sir?"

"Well, I appear to habe a hole in my tyre. I've run over a flint."

"A flint (ha ha) not a problem, Sir - we can fix that in no time."

"You're not talking to Michael Bloody Caine! I'm talking about a flint as in a mediaeval arrowhead. I can stick my hand inside the bloody tyre. I need home recovery."

"Oh...Oh... are you sure, sir?"

"Well, if you don't believe me, come here and I'll stick your head in the hole. The air will still leak out around the side" (Flints trash tyres!)

"Oh ... OK Sir, where are you?"

"Rocklands"

"Where's that?"

"Norfolk"

"Where's that?"

"?????? Am I talking to Norwich Union recovery?"

"Yes Sir"

"And where are you?"

"Manchester"

Yeah, right!

I said I was in Norfolk.

"Which country is that in, Sir?" (I kid you not!)

Gave them the road number, gave them concise directions and even gave them a lat & long to within 5 metres.

It took 3 hours to get a recovery vehicle. I had the problem in Norfolk, they sent me a vehicle from Bedfordshire - 3 counties away.

Would I use RAC recovery again?

Get real! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oh come on.

"Norwich" Union (actually owned by Avaiva PLC) is massive. You did not expect them to have everything based in Norfolk did you?

"Yorkshire" bank is actually owned by an Australian Banking Corporation called NAB.

How about Halifax? Liverpool Victoria? and of course Midland Bank for years was part of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Anyway, back to the OP. I have been with the RAC for nearly 10 years and never had to wait more than 45 minutes for attendance.

Archived