Working men's clubs

typhoo

I've been going in working men's clubs for nearly40years and every club has doormen .So the only halfwit must be you for not noticing them.Sorry to hear you are not renewing your membership you'll be sadly missed:rolleyes:

every club has committee men usually on the doors checking peoples books granted, but these at the lane top are proper bouncers, how many other clubs in sheffield have that

Apparently other sunday there was an incident up there with 1 of the doormen.

not suprised really, in most cases the doormen attact trouble rather than the other way round and if the club had this kind of many to pay for 3 door monkeys, why couldn't they use it earlier on to improve the club or get better acts on

not suprised really, in most cases the doormen attact trouble rather than the other way round and if the club had this kind of many to pay for 3 door monkeys, why couldn't they use it earlier on to improve the club or get better acts on

There was an incident with the doorman in question up there and as I wasn't around to see it (I'd gone home early ill unfortunately) so not sure of exact details. The doorman was bitten on the cheek though and needed stitches so it was fairly bad if you ask me. The reason for the doormen is to allow people like yourself who have paid subs in order to enjoy a much-reduced price pint of beer/lager etc to enjoy them with other members who have paid their subs also. Books are checked on the door. My OH shaved his goateee beard off just before Christmas (he is thankfully growing it back though - I prefer him with it, as does he as it was a little cold for him without it, bless) and they checked his book as they didn't recognise him - that's after 4/5 weeks of seeing him come in most weekends. They DO do their job.

There was an incident with the doorman in question up there and as I wasn't around to see it (I'd gone home early ill unfortunately) so not sure of exact details. The doorman was bitten on the cheek though and needed stitches so it was fairly bad if you ask me. The reason for the doormen is to allow people like yourself who have paid subs in order to enjoy a much-reduced price pint of beer/lager etc to enjoy them with other members who have paid their subs also. Books are checked on the door. My OH shaved his goateee beard off just before Christmas (he is thankfully growing it back though - I prefer him with it, as does he as it was a little cold for him without it, bless) and they checked his book as they didn't recognise him - that's after 4/5 weeks of seeing him come in most weekends. They DO do their job.

but i have been doing all that all year quite happily in the club without the 3 door monkeys on the door. The only trouble i know thats been around that area is people being atacked or mugged on the way home. never seen anything go off in the club

but i have been doing all that all year quite happily in the club without the 3 door monkeys on the door. The only trouble i know thats been around that area is people being atacked or mugged on the way home. never seen anything go off in the club

You've also been drinking with people from The Pheasant who don't pay subs and then come in the club, buy cut-price lager/beer and then take it back round to the pub next door - I've seen it happen. Why should you pay subs to drink lower priced beer when others could just come in willy nilly and have the same perks as you, but not have to pay for the privelidge?

And if you haven't seen any trouble in there then you've been going in on the wrong nights. I've been there since March/April last year and have seen a number of fights. The doormen are there to prevent that. They're also there to get people out of the club on time too. It IS worthwhile in my opinion to have them, I may be in the minority, but I for one feel more safe with them there.

You've also been drinking with people from The Pheasant who don't pay subs and then come in the club, buy cut-price lager/beer and then take it back round to the pub next door - I've seen it happen. Why should you pay subs to drink lower priced beer when others could just come in willy nilly and have the same perks as you, but not have to pay for the privelidge?

And if you haven't seen any trouble in there then you've been going in on the wrong nights. I've been there since March/April last year and have seen a number of fights. The doormen are there to prevent that. They're also there to get people out of the club on time too. It IS worthwhile in my opinion to have them, I may be in the minority, but I for one feel more safe with them there.

I have not been drinking with anyone from the pheasant as I dont use that pub coz they only have really crap beer in there. I don't mind them coming in and using the club as long as they are putting money behind the bar and keeping it open. There may be a few people without books granted, but how much is the club taking a week now they have the extra expense of the door monkeys to pay. I have never seen a fight in the club in the time i have been in. I have been in most fridays for the last three years and a few saturdays too

Do they really? When we went in on NYE nobody checked our club-books.

Archived