Working men's clubs

typhoo

Ah well, you can't blame a gal for trying! If they get rid of the "monkeys" I'll let you know. :)

its not only the door monkeys though, i like going into the concert room because there have been some good acts but then there is mr personality the organist you have to suffer. I am sure his face would crack if he ever smiled and its the same tunes week in week out.

its not only the door monkeys though, i like going into the concert room because there have been some good acts but then there is mr personality the organist you have to suffer. I am sure his face would crack if he ever smiled and its the same tunes week in week out.

:hihi: My dad says that n'all! My family go in there every Friday and Saturday and they all hear people saying the same thing about him!

LOL I know what you mean!

LOL I know what you mean!

I have been told by someone who goes in the club a lot Mr Personality has a contract for 25 years to play with his organ there, though i do not know when it started. Also that he is a teacher during the day-i bet all the kids at that school fall asleep in his lessons eh:hihi:

I have been told by someone who goes in the club a lot Mr Personality has a contract for 25 years to play with his organ there, though i do not know when it started. Also that he is a teacher during the day-i bet all the kids at that school fall asleep in his lessons eh:hihi:

I'm pretty sure he'd be kicked out for playing WITH his organ though..... :hihi:

Not sure re the contract, but I think it's about time they paid for a better PA system or something and just piped some music through.

This makes me so sad. I worked there for 11 years and we are life members

They tried the doorman bit when I was there and it didn't work.

We don't go out much lately but if we do it's to there.

People should have seen it before the alterations about 10 years ago.

It had a reputation for trouble but that was quelled and you couldn't have found a nicer evening out.

There aren't many places to go locally these days so people should look after it.

We also normally got trouble at christmas and new year from the numpties but this was quashed when the doorman was on.

We queued to get a seat from 5 pm but couldn't get in without a club book and it was members only till 7. Only then would the affiliated members be let in.

Once again the few spoil things for the many.

I'm pretty sure he'd be kicked out for playing WITH his organ though..... :hihi:

Not sure re the contract, but I think it's about time they paid for a better PA system or something and just piped some music through.

either that or put a solo singer on to do another spot. You could have a singer on between 8:00 and 8:30 then the main group and when the bingo has finished put the singer on for a second spot before the group. A soloist singer does not cost much. May even get a few more people in

Archived