What's happened to the Arches?

_Ren

yeah i'd heard of drum and bass arena but where is coalition now? i thought it had finished cos of fez and po na na closing. and how often is the allnighter?? i love it!! only just got back to sheffield and felt abit lost in all the new nights and lost nights.

I can't believe the Arches might be gone for good! The only other club that came close to it IMO was the old Riverside in Newcastle.

I recall the Smokescreen and Lifemind friday nighters being the best regular club nights I ever went to. Plus the Megadog's there were much better than places like the Octagon or Manchester Acadamy etc and the other one-off nights in a simelar vein. Also when Gatecrasher started there I really enjoyed it - much better than the crappy, echoey Republic or the annoyingly out of town Adelphi where the bizzies often searched the queue.

The bouncers at the Archers were by far the nicest in Sheffield, especially considering the high jinks we used to get up to in plain sight in the club itself. I particuarly liked that vending machine on the ground floor by the stairs down from the terrace - cold Stella with no queue and if you wanted to be really cheeky I remember more than once just turning it back on at the mains socket to get beer after 2am.

The Arches will indeed be sadly missed, I know there are loads of others out there with simelar memories...though a lot of them are probably a bit fuzzy ;-)

hi all.. i think u may all be throwing in the towel a little too soon.

someone HAS got the lease for the arches and has been sorting out the problems that lead to its closure. seems to be quite an expensive and slow process, sort one thing out nd another pops up, but it is getting done.

as far as i know, it should be getting back on its feet in the next few months, thats if no other problems pop up.

and iv no idea what nights will be held there but...

hopefully see you there soon. :c)

Archived