Christmas Day - Anything Open?

Claret

Does anyone know if any pubs/bars are going to be open in the city centre and eccy road area on Christmas Day?

Me and my partner are going out for Christmas Dinner and I'm hoping we can find somewhere for a few drinks afterwards.

Any ideas?

Very few. I used to work in a pub that opened Christmas lunch and it was packed (it's gone now), most boozers I know of don't anymore.

Some may open in the evening but they will be few and far between.

Toby Carvery eccy rd will be open but probably fully booked...

I don't believe in going out Xmas day... Someones gotta work to serve you and surely they deserve a day off?

I'm with you there - just seems that every year more and more things open. I'm sure i can remember a time when everything would be shut on Boxing Day too - but that idea is long gone.

This is our first Christmas in our flat in town - usually we visit parents. I just wondered what the situation was with the pubs in town. I was never counting on any of them being open - but if one was we'd have gone for a drink. It's going to be kind of strange walking through town in daylight with hardly anyone around!

• Vaati locked this topic

Archived