Peter Stringfellow and Sheffield

Doe's anyone know what Jeff' Stringfellow's doing now as he's never mentioned with Pete and i always thought they were partners. I know they were inthe Black Cat days

Jeff & Peter split their partnership in Manchester after the Millionaire club, Peter went from success to success but Jeff tried a couple of ventures on his own which didn't make it then some years later he went to work for Peter. I heard he has now retired due to ill health.

Where abouts in Sheffield was Peter from? Where was he born & raised? I heard that he used to work for a money lending firm. Is this true? Anyone out there brought up woth him or know him? Whats he really like? He intrigues me

He's an amazing, generous, kind, hardworking man.

If I'm not mistaken he also used to live in the Lowedges area, his family had a shop there selling wool and things it was also the Post Office. My mum was good mates with him and he often used to come to my grans house when i was little.

No there was no wool shop in his family nor any owned venture prior to his

• 3 weeks later...
Definitely have to agree with you about Turn-Ups, it was a great place to go! Though I am biased as I worked there. After closing we all used to jump in a cab and go to Fanny's at Owler Bar (previously Five Ways). Anyone remember it?

I agree I chris polomski use to work their with my friend charly(collect glasses) pull the girls ,then go to 5 ways .

Vickers(scrap dealer) use to own turn ups then started a club in town centre ,cannot remember its name

I can remember going to see Pete at his mum's house at the bottom of Derbyshire lane back in '69 - am not sure if Pete actually lived there but was under the impression he did. I wander if Pete ever looks at the SF to see what we are saying about him - all good of course!

BillyWhiz

• 4 months later...

Just found this thread, fascinating stuff. Does anyone remember a club in Sheffield called Shades? I lived in Wakefield and a boyfriend used to bring me over to Shades in Sheffield. Did anyone ever come over to Wakefield to the first ever disco in Wakefield called The Place. I remember Pete Stringfellow coming over there to see the manager Dave who also used to manage bands in Barnsley. I believe Pete and Dave were friends. I often wonder what happened to Dave.

It sounds like you guys might be interested in this link.

Hendrix plays the Mojo[/url]

I was too young to get in in those days but it wasn't for the want of trying.

I remember trying to get this lass to sneak me in when Procul Harem played there.

Without sucess.

Hi all,

I dont remember Hendrix playing the mojo, but I think it was the same year he played the City Hall, I remember going to watch him, was about 14 at the time. Twas some gig, the guy was amazing, I guess he was my introduction to Rock/Blues and then onto Black Sabbath at City Hall a little heavier maybe but the beginnings of metal.

When we were younger we all went to a place called 'The Speakeasy' down Darnall, Top Rank, and also the place above the Ice Rink on Queens Road, got it now, Heatbeat. :loopy:

Memories :roll: