Reborn baby dolls - seriously creepy.

They are personally not of my taste but.... if these woman find comfort in them thats great! Each to their own.

A friend once ordered one and she showed it to me and it did really upset me as it looked like a still born :(:( She thought the same and returned it.

I will be watching the documentary.

Didn't Tina Turner many moons ago have one of these dolls that she treated as a real baby? xxx

I think the one on the home page is exquisitely weird / creepy....if you saw a real baby with a head of hair like that, you'd run a mile.

I agree about the one on the home page looking creepy, but I think that it's the expression rather than the hair. My niece was born with a full head of curls which were long enough to plait or put up in a pony tail by the time she was 6 months old, so it's not that strange really.

The documentary's on next Wednesday. They'll be showing the trailer a lot from now on for people to get a gist of it - it's Channel Four. I just wondered if the full pretend-motherhood was the whole idea of the dolls, or if it was something a few women just took a bit too far.

When making the cot death film the mortuary manager told us a lot about how mothers often reacted to their loss in ways you would not expect - there would be a sort of play-acting where the mortuary staff would act as if they were babysitting which sounds bizarre but really worked for many parents. I can understand to a degree a bereaved mother taking on a pretend baby, but i wonder how healthy it is to the grief process - I really have no idea.

But they do look so dead, I can't imagine how anyone could feel happy around one! Having said that, they do 'breathe', and that's even more creepy! They can have scratches too apparently - why would you want a real-looking baby with scratches? :huh:

God, I didn't mean the thread to turn out so morbid! Sorry! :blush:

I have also read that you can have a beating heart put in the doll and they can also do milk spots!

I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to loose a baby, and if these dolls do help some woman then I think thats great.

I have been nosing at the website's and I think the main intention is for them to be treat as "real" babies. There are messages from woman who have bought and one woman even mentioned crying when the baby arrived, and another who said she was going to take the baby shopping with her to buy it new clothes.

But like I said prev, it is totaloly up to the individual. I would also not be very happy if my Daughter asked for one, her baby Annabelle creeps me out as it is has voice recognition.

I have also read that you can have a beating heart put in the doll and they can also do milk spots!

I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to loose a baby, and if these dolls do help some woman then I think thats great.

I have been nosing at the website's and I think the main intention is for them to be treat as "real" babies. There are messages from woman who have bought and one woman even mentioned crying when the baby arrived, and another who said she was going to take the baby shopping with her to buy it new clothes.

But like I said prev, it is totaloly up to the individual. I would also not be very happy if my Daughter asked for one, her baby Annabelle creeps me out as it is has voice recognition.

Yes, I agree with you here.Years ago they sometimes wouldnt even let women see their dead babies, but today they are photographed with them, which I think is all part of the grieving process.

Archived