Reborn baby dolls - seriously creepy.

And bigthanks, I'm not some heartless laugher at cot death parents (if your comments were aimed at the OP). Nothing I or anyone has said disrespects or judges parents of cot death babies in any way. The dolls are not presented as bereavement aids, so I am not treating them as such, or at least not solely. I'm not sure why people feel the need to say it's up to the individual to buy them, of course it's up to the individual if they want to buy one, I'm not asking for them to be banned. And it's up to me as an individual if I think they are creepy and disturbing, which I do. :)

I am just interested in the mental landscape of an adult who would want one of these. Because I am interested in people, and psychology, and why people do things etc.

No of course I wasn't saying that you were a laugher at cot death :( I am sorry if it came across that way. I was saying in general and wasn't aiming it at your op.

I was saying that I hope that the woman who buy these dolls as a form of comfort, do find that in them and also that I hope the doco dosn't make the woman out to be weird/ freaks...

as I said before I personally do not like them, but hey I collect crystals some people don't them too. It is up to the individual and I will not judge.

I am also intreasted in the pscychology and will defintley be tuning in to the programme. xxx

There are lots of pictures in the OP link, look under the galleries to the right of the page. :)

Bigthanks, sorry to sound tetchy, I have been a little defensive just recently, after quite a bit of hassle on threads. Nothing personal at all. :)

Well for people who buy them and who haven't got some personal need or who don't pretend they are real, they have something that attracts them as collectors. A lot of people collect dolls and I suppose they go for 'cute' ones and not much is more cute than a baby (or a kitten ;) ). Yes there's something creepy about the way they look so real and yet aren't - but the fact they are that real will attract the collectors. Personally, I find the ultra-realistic ones way less creepy than the slightly more 'fantasy' ones with long hair and so on.

What I want to know is how anyone would would be able to give one away or anything when they'd had enough of it? I'd feel weird doing that to anything which looked so real.

Archived