Paying to get in pubs

sezemeseeds

Flares charges after a certain time but thats all the time not just on a really really really busy time of the year!! When we told them to get lost we weren't paying to get in we just left, but bet some people refused to pay and gave a lot of grief to the door staff. is that really worth it. Pubs like Dove and Rainbow should be given custom not those who are greedily out to make more money out of the customers.

I work 70 hours a week running a pub for the good of my health! I think we should give booze away too on all Holidays ;)

There are many different businesses that put up prices at certain times of the year it is not just pubs!

but we only talking about pubs!!! is an utter disgrace that some pubs charge to get in at xmas just to make a few extra quid. not saying you do it but its wwrong simple as that. We voted with our feet too and didnt go in!

but we only talking about pubs!!! is an utter disgrace that some pubs charge to get in at xmas just to make a few extra quid. not saying you do it but its wwrong simple as that. We voted with our feet too and didnt go in!

Save money on New Year's Eve by only paying for one of your party to go in and getting him to pass you your drinks outside through the window in the Gents'......

Why are you lot complaining about paying. If a pub is offering a good and unique service then to charge is entirely up to them. If Flares is so bad that you can not afford to pay £3 once in a while then dont go. Seems like people get to used to the word FREE. DJs do not work for free and neither do staff or management. A bit of thought and common sense would suggest anyone paying to go to a venue is getting a service worth while or else it must be crap. Incidently Flares is cheese crap so for them to charge people is quite hilarious.

Why are you lot complaining about paying. If a pub is offering a good and unique service then to charge is entirely up to them. If Flares is so bad that you can not afford to pay £3 once in a while then dont go. Seems like people get to used to the word FREE. DJs do not work for free and neither do staff or management. A bit of thought and common sense would suggest anyone paying to go to a venue is getting a service worth while or else it must be crap. Incidently Flares is cheese crap so for them to charge people is quite hilarious.

We are talking reflex here, not exactly a classy pub.

So do you agree paying £3 to Reflex at 7:15 is acceptable ?

have you actually read this thread. no one has said flares is bad. a venue you pay for yes but a pub that does not charge entrance fee any other night just the one busy one at xmas when all offices break up and therefore mega busy is a disgrace, that is what we are discussing. read the thread:rant:

I work 70 hours a week running a pub for the good of my health! I think we should give booze away too on all Holidays ;)

There are many different businesses that put up prices at certain times of the year it is not just pubs!

Nobody is suggesting you give drinks away but surely you can see regulars being aggrieved at paying to use a pub they have been frequenting the rest of the year.

A town centre pub might get away with it but I don’t know how I local landlord can charge local punters, something’s wrong.

Archived