Change name on TV licence?

buy one online.........ours is due on the 31st so ive just signed up for direct debit so in future shouldnt have the added expense of £135 at christmass

you could renew using your old license number but may keep the old name.

might be easier to sign up as a new customer and get one in your own name?

You can buy TV licenses through any Pay Point (local shops, eg GT News/ Thresher/ some Spar etc) you'll know Pay Points as they have a big yellow sign outside, advertising that they are a Pay Point.

You don't have to transfer it, all you need to do is buy it in your name, rather than your partner's. It's that easy.

You can buy TV licenses through any Pay Point (local shops, eg GT News/ Thresher/ some Spar etc) you'll know Pay Points as they have a big yellow sign outside, advertising that they are a Pay Point.

You don't have to transfer it, all you need to do is buy it in your name, rather than your partner's. It's that easy.

So I just go to the local paypoint on the day the current licence runs out and ask for a new licence in the name of Mr Crosser, hand over the money and that's it?

So I just go to the local paypoint on the day the current licence runs out and ask for a new licence in the name of Mr Crosser, hand over the money and that's it?

Yup, it's that easy! (on the day or a couple of days before!)

The new details will go to the TV licensing authorities in Preston, and "Bob's Yer Uncle"!

Yup, it's that easy! (on the day or a couple of days before!)

The new details will go to the TV licensing authorities in Preston, and "Bob's Yer Uncle"!

Thanks for that info, I was wondering how it worked.

Much obliged :)

Happy New Year :)

From what I gather, you buy it in the name of Algernon Q. Postlethwaite if you felt like it. The licensing authority doesn't care who HAS a licence for a particular address, only that there is one.

Makes sense to do it in your own name though, just in case someone reports you for abusing Mr. Postlethwaite's licence without his permission :P

From what I gather, you buy it in the name of Algernon Q. Postlethwaite if you felt like it. The licensing authority doesn't care who HAS a licence for a particular address, only that there is one.

Makes sense to do it in your own name though, just in case someone reports you for abusing Mr. Postlethwaite's licence without his permission :P

I'll thank you sir/madam for not broadcasting my real full name on the interwebby thing thank you! :wink:

Archived