Roxy's Niteclub

Janice

Originally posted by babyboom

I worked there when hitman and her was on. What a place!There was rock night on the first Monday of the month and then there was gay night. I remember Malcolm the gay DJ he was so cool. Craig was his assistant (he had dark hair with a long pony tail).

Yes thats him the ponytailed king of ming :hihi:

We had to wear hideous hawaiian shirts yuk! I remember all the staff used to meet for a drink before starting work at ten, one night we decided to go to Cairo's instead of turning up for work. I always used to get confused in there when I was drunk because of the two rooms.

My mates and I, would visit Roxy's quite regular ...

-Because we were considerably underage and had no problem's getting in!

I remember it well:

-Dancing around Handbags!

-The ‘Extra Late Bus’ home!

It was 'Proper Dive!'

The place was always ‘Packed Out' though.

Always busy with:

The ‘excessively inebriated, Very Young and totally Immobile,'

(i.e. Throwing-up all over themselves)

Or

'The ‘Ageing Married Man' type …

-Who would be hiding under the tables, when lights were turned on at closing time!

Erm …

It was Ok at the time! (Lol)

I prefer a more ... 'Refined,' atmosphere now I’m an older!

Although I do admit;

I dearly miss the, 'Cheeky little Chat Up' lines ...

-Of ‘The Resident Greasy Monkey.’

(Guy with Pony-tail/ Mullet influence -style hair)

Awww! ... Memories' ...

-They Light the corners of my mind.'

Lol

Angel x

• 2 months later...

I used to go to the student nights every week and being a silly teen me and a mate used to stand on the stairs (near the middle bar) and pull bits of the wallpaper off. The following week when we went back the patch of wallpaper had been replaced! This happened every single week without fail!

Originally posted by Cake

me and a mate used to stand on the stairs (near the middle bar) and pull bits of the wallpaper off. The following week when we went back the patch of wallpaper had been replaced! This happened every single week without fail!

one for the grandkids eh! wild days:|

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go to the Roxy teenage Tuesday night in 68/69 - no booze and had to leave at 9pm to be in for 9.30. Worked there (underage) in 1971 as a second job to fund my first holiday to Spain, had to wear a geen velvet miniskirt and waistcoat for my sins! Roxy's used to be used popular with large companies who used to hire the place for Christmas and other functions. Memories of good tips and free meals from those nights!

Archived