Apna Restaurant Meadowbank Rd

khizman

• 1 month later...

Went to APNA restaurant for my father's birthday.

Totally different to your usual indian restaurant (believe me i've tried several) .:D

Instead of parking miles away we actually parked in a parking bay within the restaurant grounds. No problems there.The decor was smart and modern.

We were greeted by a polite man as we entered and shown to our table.

The starters were excellent, the kebabs were especially delicious (went back 3 times for more:hihi:)

After stuffing myself with the starters, i moved on to the main courses, wow were my taste buds tantalised, they were scrumptious. They tasted like traditional curries and not your boiled meat thrown into a sauce. Each curry had an individual taste.

My parents were delighted with the food , they had desserts and were really impressed with the choice they had.

We had all this for £10 each thats what i call value for money, so what if they charge £1 for a bottle of water, don't drink water have another drink instead.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody, the food and atmosphere were excellent .

Went to APNA Restaurant for a meal last night, I must say the food was absolutely delicious! and for £10 you definately cant go wrong. The starters especially the chicken tikka, samosas and the chicken pakoras were fantastic they tasted just like they were made at home.

Main course, the chicken achari and nihari they were excellent spot on with all spices.

Desserts are well fit! the chocolate cake with fresh cream.........hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm delicious!:D I must say we go out for a meal quite often and this restaurant must be the only one that offered excellent service with good quality food and a wicked atmosphere with all mod cons.

I WOULD DEFO RECCOMMEND THIS PLACE TO EVERYONE ITS WORTH THE TRIP..........................:thumbsup:

call me an old cynic but it's a bit suspicious when there are 2 very enthusiastic posts about this place from first-time posters.

I'd be more interested in feedback from regular Forumites....

:hihi: I think you may be right - that was my first thought too! Nice try though guys. Not been there myself, but been to Akbars and that was really good. The nan breads were to die for!!

Try Anams in Bradford, Great Horton Rd....absolutely brilliant!

Alternatively, locally there's Estikutums on Staniforth Rd which is also a buffet style, serving Indian, Chinese and Thai food. All for less than a tenner!

Some friends and I went there the other night.

Nice decor, seating, service, and drinks. The evening started out with great potential but quickly fell flat on it's backside.

Virtually all the starters were lukewarm - some were virtually cold!!

The Samosa's tasted like moderately flavoured sock and the Poppadom were almost chewy!

Main courses were significantly more palatable and much hotter in terms of temperature. Although the Korma was more water than coconut cream.

I'll give it one more chance - if it's as poor next time, then we won't be going again.

Bit of a shame really - improve the food standards and it has great potential.

Try Anams in Bradford, Great Horton Rd....absolutely brilliant!

Alternatively, locally there's Estikutums on Staniforth Rd which is also a buffet style, serving Indian, Chinese and Thai food. All for less than a tenner!

Is this the same style of place as jumbos/number one etc ?

Edit : Just found the web site, and yes it is - will have to try the place..

Archived