Looking for Elsie Bray

rachyjan

Hi Hope you had a good Crismbo.

I have just found a Birth Certification of my late mother Patricia Bray ( Swift later from her Adoption parent).

Patricia was born on the 11th October 1942, her mother ( my grandmother) s name was Elsie Bray formley Skillington.

Elsie used live at 58, Alfred Road. Sheffield.

Could you please let me know if you know my mother or grandmother.... also address ... do you know anyone lived at Albert Rd around 1940 to ?

All the best for the new year...

Janice Crossland-Jones

Ps If you have a yellow page with you, could you please let me know how many surname of CROSSLAND in sheffield please...( Thank you)I also would like to search for my half brothers ,,My mother married to Crossland when she was about 18 years old, she left him at 20 and moved to Preston.

Thank you for the swift email.

I dont understand as I have Elsie Bray formely Skillington s Birth Certification her address was 58 Alfred Rd Sheffield ... Rose could be one of her relative? because of Skillington? both on same road... Do you think she s still working there as Grocer on 111 Alfred Rd? Will she know Elsie if you live near Rose, Could you please pop in and ask?

I live about 100 miles away.

Thank you for your help ....

Best WIshes,

Janice Crossland

Ok thank you for that... I am glad I got emails from you to let me know about Rose Skillington..I will try and find out more from there.

I am sorry English is not my first language..My first language is British Sign Language...I have tried my best to use English Grammar I am sorry if I was misunderstood.

I will read in English more careful next time.

How old do you think Rose will be now?

Regards

Janice Crossland

Originally posted by extaxman

She is still there in my 1954 Kelly's directory.

Thank you for let me know about Elsie Bray....

She is still there? Do you mean she s still alive...I have never see her and my late mother as well. I have been fostered by Preston Parent all my life there s so much to tell you.

So Are you sure that she s still at the address of 58 Alfred Rd? I was told that the property has been gone!

What is Kelly s Directory?

She had a daughter Patricia Crossland Maiden Bray my mother. I am trying to trace Elsie my grandmother Im sure she dont know that she has me as a grand daughter... there are 2 more grand son and daughters of hers in Preston.. she know nothing about us because my late mother left her family and never went back to see her family again. My other half brothers and sister are look for Elsie Bray too, we all never see her and her family or my mother s family at all...

We also look for Crossland family.. Patricia married to Crossland around 1962 .... left him 1964...

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Janice Crossland x

Archived