Does any one remember clipboard man and dwarf?

jonsastar

I went to school with Dave Aston - Azzo as he was known. I remember one day he came to school with a parachute and tried jumping off the school bank to see if he could fly!

Not sure what he's up to these days though, but he's definitely not the tall market research bloke on the Moor (unless he's aged alot since we left school!).

Ah, Dave Aston, that takes me back...

I used to work at the Condom Shop, Dave used to work at The Fountain Bar. At the time I knew him he did claim to be vaguely related to Jarvis Cocker...

Last time I saw him he was walking around dressed as a vicar (complete with freshly-shaved bald patch) carrying a bible & one of them incense thingamajiggumies blessing people on Fargate.

Great days indeed smedleydude...

Originally posted by Bad_Hair_Day

I went to school with Dave Aston - Azzo as he was known. I remember one day he came to school with a parachute and tried jumping off the school bank to see if he could fly!

It's not Azo that now does the market research in town. I havn't seen him for a few years now, come to think of him.

I was in the same year as him at City, and would hope that the big daft lad is still knocking around somewhere, dwarf or no dwarf....

I know David Aston ... a very interesting fellow ... quite sure he's online so I'm sure he'll hear about this thread soon enuff ....

gremlin_mick ... would your surname happen to begin with a 'L' !?

I was in the year above you / azo at City mick, so I think it may well be you .....

• 5 months later...

yeah i used to hang around with azzo and jules.

ive known azzo for years........from the youth club at city school.

and jules on the punk scene from about 1986?

jules was one of my best friends and a good drinking / smoking buddy R.I.P

me an jules had some good times, we went to the free heineken festival in leeds one year to see the stranglers, that was a laugh and a half, we drunk ourselves skint the first day :oops:

yeah azzo and jules were the nutters walking about dressing up being silly on fargate.

once i stuck a wig on, and jules did and we entered virgin on fargate, as i was banned for shoplifting, just to see how far we got, not very far as it happens, the security guard recognised BOTh of us :P

jules appeared in the film willow, well his hand did, handing an apple over on a fruit stall, i think he was in a crowd scene too.

sadly he passed away a long time ago now, drunk himself to death........silly ****er :)

at least he died doing what he enjoyed :)

he was one top bloke, as they say the best always go first :(

wouldnt mind contacting azzo if hes online tho too

Azzo used to play keyboards for our band at City School "The Electric Armpits". He was a decent chap with lots of bottle - he did a solo concert playing what sounded like "Kids In America" but singing "kids with hysteria" I think. He helped write our "christmas single" which was much appreciated by Frank Sidebottom. Not seen him since the Fargate days.

Originally posted by Norbert

Azzo used to play keyboards for our band at City School "The Electric Armpits". He was a decent chap with lots of bottle - he did a solo concert playing what sounded like "Kids In America" but singing "kids with hysteria" I think. He helped write our "christmas single" which was much appreciated by Frank Sidebottom. Not seen him since the Fargate days.

ive seen him playing his keyboard in the youth club at city school

Archived