Does any one remember clipboard man and dwarf?

jonsastar

thought i had em

if anybodys interested heres a couple of newspaper cuttings from the sheffield star of Jools

one from when he died and one on stage in snow white.hes at the front in yellow :)

http://www.melthebell.dsl.pipex.com/files/miscpics/jools.jpg

if anybody can find out the date he died id be grateful cos ive forgot :(

think it was 96?

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing these 2, it was 1992-3 and Julian was dressed in his Elvis suit, shouting abuse to a guy (Dave) dressed as a city Toff with Briefcase, brolly and bowler hat. we were in stitches and followed them for hours hehehe

Originally posted by melthebell

if anybody can find out the date he died id be grateful cos ive forgot :(

think it was 96?

Snow White was at the Lyceum over the 1994/95 Christmas season - it was my last year working in the box office there and I remember it pretty clearly. That was the run when Jules sadly died.

• 4 years later...

lol ive just been reminded of this thread, brings back some great great memories of both azzo AND jules

i also was told it was 95 he died, how times fly, could so easily have been me the amount we both used to drink around that time

A tall guy with a beard and normally dressed in a 60s type suit

the lanky clipboard man who looked like noel edmonds with glasses and a light brown camel hair overcoat on actually worked for great universal catalogue, he always tried to get me to sign up for em

the lanky clipboard man who looked like noel edmonds with glasses and a light brown camel hair overcoat on actually worked for great universal catalogue, he always tried to get me to sign up for em

He did - GUS and Littlewoods.

His name's Geoffrey.

if only jules was here to tell you the story of the night he was attacked by a tin of baked beans, youve never seen anything so funny. we were campin out, got a fire goin to cook some grub & he chucked a tin of beans on forgettin to pierce the tin 1st, 10 minutes later the tin exploded covering him in the stuff. half an hour later the police arrived cos of complaints from the neighbourhood of shotguns being fired, they dint half take some convincing it was exploding beans

:hihi::thumbsup::thumbsup:ha ha, I remember them fondly.... I used to knock about on the top on the sevenside and every so often they like to come and torment us.... I remember once Azzo dressed as a woman and his mate (Gary?) in a suit going for a slap up meal and drink up Woodhouse... another time Azzo reckoned a drug deal had gone wrong and he had sold someone baking soda.... 5 mins later Jules came running down with a baseball bat, we then saw Azzo driving down Stradbroke Road with Jules stood on the back seat holding a fake gun to Azzo's head....

They did used to enjoy handing out beer and ciggies to us too..... I'd love to know what happened to him... The guy was a legend..

:hihi::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived