Police outside Shhhh.. last night

digimissus

How come there were so many police around then? They don't normally hang around somewhere in large groups!

Were they trying to blag discounted group entry then or free entry for turning up in uniform? :hihi:

There were still police around at 5am when we went past again too...

If the events at Shhh/Viod are still being done on Temp Entertainment Licenses - its quite common for the Police to show up and make sure every thing is going ok. I've been at Shhh before when a few Police have wondered in to take a look around - which is very different to a raid.

Police 'raid'

I am co-promoter of Headcharge, and we had an event running at Club Shhh last night.

As usual we had the usual assorted rumours (some more malicious than others) to deal with before the night, all of which were nothing more than rumours (as usual).

One that had slightly worried us was rumours of a raid. We think this might have frightened away a few people. However as expected there was no raid last night at our event. A small number of police came to the venue early on (I counted 3 going inside the building) to check the venue was adhering to the license. After 10 minutes, they were satisfied and left, making (as far as I am aware) no arrests. To perform a raid requires a hefty police presence and new years eve is a demanding time of year for the police anyway.

From 10:00pm - 11:30pm and 1:20am - 2:30am I was outside the club directing people to queues. Aside from the odd police car, sirens blazing and travelling to some unknown destination, there was no police presence outside the club. Various members of the promotion team were outside the club throughout the duration of the even and reported no incidents with police.

Speedwaydan is correct. The only real issues we had on the night were a few sound problems and a temporary loss of power in the Headcharge and Junglist Alliance rooms. There was no raid and no DJs cancelled.

I heard rumours a raid was going down, but went past on my way to a warehouse party and it still seemed to be jumping in there. Thinking about it though, the police wouldn't really have any reason to raid Shhh... on NYE than any other club in Sheffield.

Archived