The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I'm currently reading Polity Agent by Neal Asher, which follows on from other Polity novels. Good fun, quite engaging.

There should be a new "I am currently reading" thread for 2009, this one is out of date now!

• 2 weeks later...
Not done much reading of late, but have just started "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks

Good so far......

Jim:thumbsup:

If I had to choose a favourite book, I believe this would be it! Just started it again for the zillionth time-enjoy, it's impossible not to, in my opinion of course! :)

I've got Kathy Reichs' latest paperback on the go, " Devil Bones". I really like her writing as she puts forensic accuracy into the book, being a forensics expert herself.

Medusa recommended her to me, probably eighteen months ago, and since then I've pretty much devoured each of the Temperance Brennan ("Bones") books.

The other book I have on the go is a Phillipa Gregory book, "The Other Queen", connected to her other fantastic Tudor-Court books, "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance", and "The Constant Princess".

TOQ is about Mary Queen of Scots, and her imprisonment, told from the point of view of four narrators; Mary QoS herself, Bess of Hardwick, Bess' Husband "Shrewsbury", and Queen Elizabeth I, herself. Part of the book is based at Sheffield Castle.

Having loved the other Tudor Novels, I am really enjoying this one.

I've just started Sebastian Faulks Birdsong, after a friend telling me it was one of the best books they'd read. It also seems to be highly praised on here too, so it looks as though it's going to be a good read.