The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy. Had no idea what to expect when I picked it up off the book trolley at work but have since been informed that her books are only one step up from Mills and Boon. Never mind, I'm quite enjoying it.

I've just finished the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson.

The premise covers a terrible tale, A fourteen -year old girl who vanished forty years previously, believed to be the victim of a serial killer... Interesting twists, although I felt he went too descriptive at times to the detriment of the story flowing...

I'm just starting the sequel (2/3) The Girl Who Played With Fire.

The premise covers a terrible tale, A fourteen -year old girl who vanished forty years previously, believed to be the victim of a serial killer... Interesting twists, although I felt he went too descriptive at times to the detriment of the story flowing...

Did you enjoy it? In my view, it's the best of the trilogy. Its original title in Swedish (as well as the French translated version) is Men Who Hate Women, which contextualises the stats that appear at periodic intervals throughout the novel.

I thought that was an amazing book, mainly due to the introduction of the characters rather than the missing girl story.

I thought the story in the second book was marginally better, more in depth with the background into Lisbeth's life.

I thought that was an amazing book, mainly due to the introduction of the characters rather than the missing girl story.

I thought the story in the second book was marginally better, more in depth with the background into Lisbeth's life.

I agree, it is an excellent and tense read. Rest of comments in white font so as not to spoil it for those who've not yet read it. The background to Lisbeth which gives the reader an insight into her psyche (which was all divulged in the first film, annoyingly) was the best thing about the 2nd novel, however, I missed the fact that there the relationship between Lisbeth and Mikael was purely virtual.