The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

The Company by Robert Littell, it's nice to find an espionage novel that involves intrigue rather than action. I have been reading and re-reading Le Carre' for years when ever I wanted myspy novel fix, so I am really happy I have found Robert Littel.

Oooh, I must try Littel, I've never heard of him.

Have you read any Alan Furst, JKFvsNixon? I started reading one of his on holiday last week and was thoroughly enjoying it. One of the blurbs on the back compares him to le Carre - I'd have said not as subtle or meaty - but along simliar lines, worth a read.

Oooh, I must try Littel, I've never heard of him.

Have you read any Alan Furst, JKFvsNixon? I started reading one of his on holiday last week and was thoroughly enjoying it. One of the blurbs on the back compares him to le Carre - I'd have said not as subtle or meaty - but along simliar lines, worth a read.

There was a very good american mini-series based on 'the company', with Chris O'Donnell and Micheal Keaton. This lead me to discover Robert Littel, it is a good meaty read with over 1000 pages.

After I have scooted through Robert Littel's books I will try to catch some of Alan Furst's books, can you recommend me one?

There was a very good american mini-series based on 'the company', with Chris O'Donnell and Micheal Keaton. This lead me to discover Robert Littel, it is a good meaty read with over 1000 pages.

After I have scooted through Robert Littel's books I will try to catch some of Alan Furst's books, can you recommend me one?

The one I'm reading is called The Polish Soldier...I had a quick look in Waterstones in Orchard Square yesterday and they had about four or five of his in.

Hope you enjoy!