The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I just finished Barbara Erskine's Into The Light, I am a great fan of her books also of Phillipa Gregory and Joanne Harris. In fact I will read most things and can get through a couple of books each week.

I'm a big fan of Phillipa Gregory's books.

I am currently reading an Alison Weir history book, (a factual one) and am finding her as good an author as Gregory.

It's about the "Princes in the Tower", allegedly murdered by their "wicked" uncle, Richard III.

I've also been dipping in and out of her biographical book about Queen Elizabeth I, and just a few weeks ago, finished her novel "Innocent Traitor", a novel about Lady Jane Grey, the Queen for nine days.

The other night I finished "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, the first of the books on which the thriller series "Dexter" was based. That was a very good read.

My Soul to Take by Yrsa Sigurdardottir. A dark and brooding Icelandic murder mystery.

It's taken me a few days to start another after the brilliant Surface Detail by Iain M. Banks and it's dramatic, heart stopping final sentence.

A couple of days ago I finished reading "Dearly Devoted Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, the sequel to "Darkly Dreaming Dexter".

Again, an excellent read. I love Dexter's dark humour.

I'm reading two biographical books at the moment.

"The Princes In The Tower" by Alison Weir, (About the two little princes believed to have been murdered in the Tower of London in 14-hundred-and-frozen to death, by their uncle, the Duke of Gloucester. he's better known as Richard III)

and "Mrs Keppel and Her Daughter" about Alice Keppel, the mistress of King Edward VII, and her Daughter Violet Trefusis, who had a notorious affair with Vita Sackville West.

• 2 weeks later...