The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Moab Is My Washpot by Stephen Fry - 4/10

I was looking forward to reading this, but now that Ive finished it, I found it quite disappointing. I found that he tends to ramble on, mostly off point. Infact the writer seems to lose his way again and again. Would not recommend.

im currentley reading a song of ice and fire by George R R Martin, great set of books with more plot twists than anything i have read or watched before. im just about finishing the 4th book in time for the release of the 5th, and i cant put the books down at the moment mainly because i cant predict at all what will happen next.

Got two on the go at the moment, both departures from my usual fare. Gripping Yarns by Bill Oddie which is a collection of birdwatching articles he's previously written for a magazine and The Hare with Amber Eyes which is a biography and personal family history tracing the journey of some Japanese ceramics through the generations.

After galloping through Dennis Lehane's Mystic River (disturbing and depressing, with a solution to the central mystery flagged early in the novel, and a bleakly inevitable conclusion), Gone, Baby, Gone (cunningly twisty turny, but marred by a daft few final pages) and Moonlight Mile (an extremely disappointing belated sequel to Gone, Baby, Gone, replete with shockingly irritating smug domestic bliss - almost unrecognisable as a Lehane), I'm now reading The Art of Fiction by David Lodge, plus a dark old RD Wingfield Frost novel.

I am in my detective novel phase, having read James Patterson's "Cross Fire" I realise that even the special offer price of £3 was far to much to pay, so I have started reading "City of Bones" with the lovely Harry Bosch, I am hoping that Michael Connelly won't let me down.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started on The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson, and I'm about a third of the way through Time Bomb, an 80s page-turner by Jonathan Kellerman.