The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I was about to start on Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" which looks absolutely fascinating - but have been somewhat waylaid by "The Name of the Rose" instead! :)

StarSparkle

It does - but it's been sitting on my shelves for ages and I just can't get into it...I'm not sure why. I think it intimidates me.

I've just started my Sebastien Faulks collection again with Birdsong.

I love the narrative and all of the characters, must be about the 6th time through now. I'm then going to move on to the Girl at the Lion D'or and Charlotte Gray, me thinks.

Good times!

I am STILL reading Crow Road..... Not saying it's not a good book but I think it's very slowly passing me by!!!

Glad I'm not the only one! I've just finished 'The Wind Up Bird Chronicle'!

For some light relief, I am about halfway through 'Song of Susannah' which is the sixth in the seven book Dark Tower series by Steven King.

I was about to start on Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" which looks absolutely fascinating - but have been somewhat waylaid by "The Name of the Rose" instead! :)

StarSparkle

They are both really good books, full of religion and intrigue but not the dumbed down claptrap written by the likes of Brown.

I read "Foucault's" years ago when I was at University and felt such a feeling of achievement when I finished it. It wasn't an easy read but well worth it.

I read "The name of.." after watching the film, which was unfortunate really as the images from the film tended to cloud my reading of the book.

I am currenly reading two Gabriel Garcia Marquez books

Memories of My Melancholy Whores and Love and Other Demons. Not sure what this is saying about my state of mind at the moment. Also got Caravans waiting in the wings, anyone read this?