The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Just finished 'Gently in the sun' by Alan Hunter; like many of Hunter's books, set in East Anglia, with Gently acting as a sort of Norfolk version of Maigret. Pretty good on the whole, though as it first came out in 1959 it does all seem very anachronistic these days, with people driving round in Wolseleys and going to the phone box to make a phone call. Well done Robinson books for reissuing the Gently books in order, though a gigantic black mark for giving it an absolutely dreadful cover that makes it look like some mindless bit of chick-lit.

Now on to 'I am half sick of shadows' by Alan Bradley, the fourth in his series of Flavia de Luce mysteries.

The Way Through the Woods by Colin Dexter. I notice that Morse starts off the evening with 2 pints of best bitter in the lounge, then enters the restaurant, orders a bottle of wine, has soup, main course then cheese board. By now you would think he was full but no:- he re-enters the lounge and tackles another best bitter with a large malt chaser. I've tried that but I get bloated or sloshed or both. Maybe I need more practice - and a bigger pension.

What does anyone think about kindles ? i absolutly love mine its so easy to carry around 15 or 16 books in one go ( even tho i cant read them all in one go lol ) but on the other hand theres nothing like the smell of and old paperback and turning the pages in antisipation,then theres the excitment of going into town to smiths to buy the long awaited sequel,looking around an old secondhand bookshop .......but i still love my kindle...What do you think ?