The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Currently reading The Lost World, Arthur Conan Doyle I'm into reading older books at minute, read them on my kindle absolutely best gadget I've ever bought.

Looking forward to Treasure Island and such, never read so much since got the kindle

Currently reading The Lost World, Arthur Conan Doyle I'm into reading older books at minute, read them on my kindle absolutely best gadget I've ever bought.

Looking forward to Treasure Island and such, never read so much since got the kindle

Conan Doyle's The White Company and Sir Nigel are cracking reads. Doyle regarded his historical novels more highly than his Holmes stories.

I have nearly finished reading my s-it life so far autobiography by frankie boyle. funniest book i have ever read.Had me in absolute stitches. Highly recommended. carolyn.

Edited by carolynqk
deletion of swear word in title

I have nearly finished reading my s-it life so far autobiography by frankie boyle. funniest book i have ever read.Had me in absolute stitches. Highly recommended. carolyn.

I like Frankie Boyle(most of the time)

I read his book last year,and to be honest....I was a bit disappointed.:(

I'm just starting Finch by Jeff Vandermeer, the third of the linked series of novels about the city of Ambergris (after City of Saints and Madmen and Shriek: an Afterword). Each of them written in a totally different style, with this one being more like a noir thriller with short clipped sentences. As I pointed out before, if you don't like mushrooms this series isn't one for you, and particularly so this one, because the gray caps (hostile ambulatory mushroom people) who were largely in the background in the first two books, play a much bigger part in this one as they have now assumed control of the city and subjugated the human inhabitants. Inventively icky.