The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Finished: The Pearl - John Steinbeck

Started: Parisians: An Adventure History of Paris - Graham Robb

A wonderful book set with different naratives that fits the history of Paris together. Napoleon's first visit when he went to petition for his family to receive a farming subsidy. The true story on which the Count of Monte Cristo was based. A lovely book.

I've just finished Truth Comes Limping by J.J. Connington (detective story from 1930s) and now I'm on to The Distant Scene by Fred Archer, the first of his books of country reminiscences from the South Worcestershire/Cotswolds area. I'm really enjoying this but I imagine it would be almost unintelligible to anyone from present day Sheffield. A different world, and all that.

I am half way through the second Hunger Games book, and its getting interesting now, really enjoyed the first one, but the second one has been slow to start

This ^^^. I am now about halfway through the 2nd book and looking forward to seeing how it works out.