The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Ooh Ooh!

I haven't heard of this one. I love his Culture books, how on Earth have I missed it? I've got his latest "mainstream" novel "The Steep Approach to Garbadale" on my pile of books waiting attention. Must go and look up "Matter"

Managed to get "Matter" for half price from WH Smiths yesterday in case anyone else is thinking of buying it! :thumbsup:

Currently reading Guns, Germs and Steel, by Jared Diamond. It's a "complete history of everybody over the last 13,000 years" and is fascinating.

If you are interested in history, evolutionary biology or anthropology, or anything related, it is well worth a read.

Been reading how to be the perfect wife - again - it is hilarious - if ever there is a book for a re-write, this is it. Some classic lines. May have to start a thread. Bleeding hilarious. Thankfully I fall way short of the mark..............

I have finished the first two of my Philippa Gregory Tudor novels, "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance". very good reads. TOBG follows the "fortunes" of Anne boleyn, and her older sister Mary, who were both King Henry VIII's mistresses TBI focusses on Anne of Cleves (skirting a little over her predecessor, Jane Seymour) and KAtherine Howard, Anne Boleyn's cousin who met the same fate as AB, at the age of 16.

I am about to start reading "The Constant Princess" which is (I think) the "prequel" to the two Boleyn books, telling Katharine of Aragon's story.

If this is anything like as good as the previous two, it should be a very interesting read.