The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Im thinking of reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" The Daily Mail did not give a good review to the film, so Im wondering what the book will be like.

Speaking for my self, the book IMO was very good, it wasn't a mushy "plaidy"- type romance, it was more fact based, and "real".

Yes the books are a bit "long", ("meaty", I think I'd describe them) but definitely Gripping!

It sounds (CathS) that the Antonia Fraser book on MQoS is another meaty one.

I seem to be going through an Albert Camus phase, have just finished reading The Plague for around the 5th time, and I'm now immersing myself in The Outsider for the 2nd time. After that, we shall see, i really should choose a different author i suppose :)

I seem to be going through an Albert Camus phase, have just finished reading The Plague for around the 5th time, and I'm now immersing myself in The Outsider for the 2nd time. After that, we shall see, i really should choose a different author i suppose :)

Have you read his 'The Myth of Sisyphus'?

Not yet no, I've only recently started reading his works, my mum had a battered copy of The Plague and I picked that up a while ago, since then I've just read that, The Outsider and The Fall. I keep meaning to buy more, but I get terribly distracted in bookshops and easily forget what I went in for.

Not yet no, I've only recently started reading his works, my mum had a battered copy of The Plague and I picked that up a while ago, since then I've just read that, The Outsider and The Fall. I keep meaning to buy more, but I get terribly distracted in bookshops and easily forget what I went in for.

Sisyphus is the only one of his I've read. I came across a copy of 'the Rebel' lurking in my study the otherday. the Paramilitary Wing of the local Existentialists must have snuck in and planted it there.... :)

Sisyphus is the one where he discusses the ultimate Existentialist quandry; is the only solution to the absurdity of modern life suicide? It's a good read.

Know what you mean about getting sidetracked, though!