The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

The 100 year old man who stepped out of the window and disappeared.

I enjoyed that as did my OH. He has written a sequel "The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden" which got a good review in The Observer this Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Savage Night by Jim Thompson, which was as hard-boiled as a 20 minute egg. If you want a book that will remove what little faith in humanity you might have left, then something by Thompson will always do the job.

Now onto something a bit lighter called He Died with a Falafel in his Hand, dubious tales of flatsharing grossness.

Just finished Watching The Dark by Peter Robinson, one of his DCI Banks series. He's moved away from what were purer style detective novels at the start of the series and in now expanding his writing, the characters and plots. TBH I prefer his earlier ones. Less filler.

Now onto The Milkman in the Night by Andrey Kurkov. Post Soviet surrealism in Kiev. Typically black, comic and Russian.

• 3 weeks later...

The Stamp Master by Pamela Griffiths.

D.C.I. Chrissie Charles (Lesbian Detective) and her partner Dr. Janny Stowers endevour to solve the mystery of the serial killer The Stamp Master. A number of women are brutally raped and murdered in a quiet village in Sheffield, the killer is still at large. Following the kidnap of her partner Janny, can Chrissie get to her before the killer strikes again?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Stamp-Master-Pamela-Griffiths/dp/1496026470/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Five star review on amazon.co.uk.

The Stamp Master by Pamela Griffiths.

D.C.I. Chrissie Charles (Lesbian Detective) and her partner Dr. Janny Stowers endevour to solve the mystery of the serial killer The Stamp Master. A number of women are brutally raped and murdered in a quiet village in Sheffield, the killer is still at large. Following the kidnap of her partner Janny, can Chrissie get to her before the killer strikes again?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Stamp-Master-Pamela-Griffiths/dp/1496026470/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Five star review on amazon.co.uk.

Perhaps in the interest of neutrality you ought to include the other review on Amazon which gave it one star and said: Badly written. Contorted plot and poor characterisations. Hardly gripping. The title attracted me. The best and only good thing about this book. :hihi::hihi:

Nice try though. Though I suppose an obvious question might be, why are you reading it seeing as you wrote it...

Just finished an excellent detective story from the 1960s called Devil at your elbow by D.M. Devine. I've read several of his over the years (he wrote some as D.M. Devine and then some more as Dominic Devine) and I've always been impressed by them.