The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I'm in the middle of The Ceremonies by T.E.D. Klein, a slow-moving Lovecraftian horror novel of the 1980s. Klein has a reputation for being an important author in the field despite having published very little (he seems to have had a thirty year long writer's block ever since) and it's very good, but you do sometimes find yourself thinking that he could get on with it a bit.

The Quick by Lauren Owen.

The cover blurb didn't give much away except hints at a mysterious gentlemans club where sinister things may or may not go on. So when it suddenly turned into a vampire novel it was a bit of a shock.

After that first 100 pages of lulling into a false sense of security it has fairly cracked along.

Just finished Dance Floor Drowning the follow-up to Tuppenny Hat Detective, both featuring child detective Billy Perks from Walkley. Really recommend them both. I've posted up an interview with the author Brian Sellars at: http://stevek1889.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/interview-with-author-brian-sellars.html

22 Sheffield novels now reviewed on my blog. Reading The Girl on the Bus by Nick Holland next. Anyone read it?