The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I've just finished 'The Girl With All The Gifts', 'Gone Girl' and Jane Tomlinson's book 'You Can't Take It With You', and I'm part way through 'H is for Hawk'. Terry Pratchett's 'Slip of the Keyboard' and Alan Cummings' 'Not my Father's Son'.

I always have a few on the go at the same time and enjoy non-fiction just as much, sometimes more, than fiction.

• 3 weeks later...
I've just finished The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. I'd be interested in what you lot think of this one. It got loads of rave reviews, but hmmm, well I don't want to give anything away....I'm in two minds about it.

I've just finished The Miniaturist. Slow starter, but I really enjoyed it, I liked the ending. Also without giving anything away, I do like when an author doesn't go with the cop out "happy ever after" option, and leaves you thinking.

I've also recently read The Shock of The Fall, which I liked, but felt it should have been slightly longer. Similarly, The Girl with all The Gifts by MJ Carey, which was not my normal read, but surprised me by being a zombie apocalypse thing. Good though!

Edited by feargal

The State We're In by Adele Parks. Several story lines from different people but they are all linked in some way but I won't know how or why until I finish the book. A good read though.