The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Brillian Women 18th-Century Bluestockings - bought at the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery - very inspiring and uplifting, but also making me feel underwhelmed by my own achievements and society in general

Brillian Women 18th-Century Bluestockings - bought at the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery - very inspiring and uplifting, but also making me feel underwhelmed by my own achievements and society in general

I hate books that do that :hihi:

Unfortunately most of the stuff I'm reading at the moment is so dense that it takes forever to get the sense of it. Which very much underwhelms me when one of my few skills is supposed to be reading ;)

I read them a few years ago. I thought that apart from that series he did that started with Vagabond (set during the reign of Henry IV) they were the weakest of his novels. Still pretty good but not something I'd want to read again unlike most of BC's work.

How weird. I actually found them by far and away his best books that i've read (i agree i thought the Vagabond etc ones were not his best!) I must go back and re-read some of them just to be sure!

Just read the story of the 1908 olympic marathon, was ok.......i'm now searching for something new to read, i like biographies but have read most by the people i'm interested in.

I am currently reading My Fat Mad Teenage Diary by Rae Earl.

It is absolutely hilarious and quite touching. They are her real life diaries from when she was a teenager. She is struggling with being over-weight and needing someone to love her..... but she is so funny and self obsessed. :hihi:

"The player of games" by Ian M banks... I read a couple of his Culture books "Excession" and "Consider Plebas" and they were excellent reads, but so far this one is... theres a lot of stroking of beards and pondering in it.

I like lasers, aliens, sex, death, blood n snot in a good novel so this one is, so far, a bit disappointing.