The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

"The player of games" by Ian M banks... I read a couple of his Culture books "Excession" and "Consider Plebas" and they were excellent reads, but so far this one is... theres a lot of stroking of beards and pondering in it.

I like lasers, aliens, sex, death, blood n snot in a good novel so this one is, so far, a bit disappointing.

Keep with it, its a brilliant read.

Use of Weapons should be your next call, it's my favourite book ever

At the minute I am reading P.D James 'A mind to murder' although I have been given two more books to check out. the first is called 'Faith and the unbeliever' by Thomas Merton and the second is 'Taming the Tiger' about 3 times Kung Fu world Champion Tony Anthony.

The latter two were reccommended/given to me by a vicar. I'm not in anyway a religious person but thought they would be an interesting read.

I'm taking a break from the heavy stuff and will be reading The Shadow Walker by Michael Walters next. Never heard of the author or the book but I saw it on the book trolley at work and it looked like a decent enough detective story

I'm taking a break from the heavy stuff and will be reading The Shadow Walker by Michael Walters next. Never heard of the author or the book but I saw it on the book trolley at work and it looked like a decent enough detective story

Have now finished this and quite impressed. It's a well done piece of detective fiction set in Ulan Bator which adds a bit of atmosphere and quirkiness to proceedings.

Have just been lent The Toyminator by Robert Rankin so that will be my next one