The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Finished "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" by Kate Atkinson, so now I'm about to start "Girl Meets Boy" by Ali Smith which I picked up on a whim in Waterstones when getting my Mum's birthday present! I'll let you know how it goes!

If you like, I can lend it to you when I've finished, (which, at the rapid rate I read, might even end up being by the time we meet up... :hihi: )

I am happy to let you borrow it; it'll save you a bit of money.

well I finished it, and managed to suss out the thinly disguised identities of some of the places mentioned, which was an enjoyable game to play whilst reading it! (some place names weren't changed) but although I enjoyed remembrances of my youth, I did feel the last third of the book "fizzled out" too much, as it headed to its conclusion. That was a bit disappointing.

Noam Chomsky: Hegemony or Survival.

Its very interesting and makes you think hard about the whole bullying USA issue and ultimately why it will be a failure.

I've just come back off holiday and i always like to read a book that will upset the yanks on the plane. Last holiday it was "why do people hate America"

Sit in seat, put book on little table, guranteed no annoying American will try to talk to you for the whole 10 hours.

Just finished Iain Banks' "The Steep Approach to Garbadale" which I found to be very engaging. Slightly different to some of his other non sci-fi, in that I found the pace to be a lot more even (the book was better for it.) Of course you also get the typical Banks twist thrown in at the end. Worth a go.