The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Just finished Mike Gayle's Wish you were here.... typical Gayle male angst of splitting up with girlfriend, enjoyed it though.

Just started Past Mortem Ben Elton. A friend gave it me ages ago telling me I'd like it. It's ok so far although I keep expecting it to get really funny, not read any Ben Elton before and at the moment it's all a bit gross how this guy has been murdered. :gag: and I'm six chapters in.

Not read anything for absolutely ages that keeps me transfixed- the last book i couldn't put down was Velocity Dean Koontz which i think would make a brilliant film... again that had pretty gross stuff in it.

I've nearly finished 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace. He basically meets a man on a bus who tells him to say yes more, so that's exactly what he does, 'no' is not a word he uses for the next few months.

It's been very good so far, some real laugh out loud moments. Some of it obviously didn't happen exactly how it is written, but that's forgivable if it makes it funnier. :)

HP Lovecraft short stories, once you get over the intial amusement at the political incorrectness of stuff written over 100 years ago (ie. there are lots of "queer goings on", "manacing *******" and "excitable foreign gentlemen") some of the stories are realy good, and quite scary.

The Diceman - by Luke Rhinehart. I have actually been living my life by it this week (although I had to have several attempts to through an even number which meant go and have some lager). :)

I read that about 20 years ago. Its an interesting concept but the book is definitely weird in parts. Enjoy. Keep going for the even numbers.

Just finished Mike Gayle's Wish you were here.... typical Gayle male angst of splitting up with girlfriend, enjoyed it though.

Just started Past Mortem Ben Elton. A friend gave it me ages ago telling me I'd like it. It's ok so far although I keep expecting it to get really funny, not read any Ben Elton before and at the moment it's all a bit gross how this guy has been murdered. :gag: and I'm six chapters in.

Not read anything for absolutely ages that keeps me transfixed- the last book i couldn't put down was Velocity Dean Koontz which i think would make a brilliant film... again that had pretty gross stuff in it.

Oh plus i recently read velocity aswell. Its a great book just for general readableness. Have you read any of his other books?

+ ive started doing this thing i call charity shop bingo. If i go into a charity shop i'll buy a book from an author ive probably not read before instead of playing it safe and going for what i know. does anyone else do this?

Oh plus i recently read velocity aswell. Its a great book just for general readableness. Have you read any of his other books?

+ ive started doing this thing i call charity shop bingo. If i go into a charity shop i'll buy a book from an author ive probably not read before instead of playing it safe and going for what i know. does anyone else do this?

No I want to as I right enjoyed it but - lol - it was a bit sick and i've got a very vivid imagination... and live alone and get easily frightened. Pathetic reasons i know!

Charity shop bingo sounds cool but I'm right funny with books - i like them brand spanking new or really old. I don't even really like sharing them with other people... although people do seem to give me lots of books they've read and they think i'll enjoy and i do read them and i do share with my close friends but i also like buying them a copy too.