The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

If you fancy trying another Elton novel, I can highly recommend Popcorn - haven't read it for years but was very entertained when I did. It's based around a sort of Tarantino character and (having just checked it out on Wiki) is a play as well and has won all sorts of awards.

Yeah I'm definitely going to put that one on my list now. :)

I've read Past Mortem...good book :thumbsup:

I know the exact sex scene you are talking about - very graphic...no good for my innocent eyes...:o

I know, it was worse than any Belle de Jour! :o

I am currently reading The Timewaster Letters by Robin Cooper. It's very very funny. :hihi:

Love it, infact by coincidence i recommended it somewhere on this forum about a month ago.

There's a second one you know, 'more timewaster letters' or something like that.

Just about to finish the first installment of the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker. I love all things WW1, especially when combined with one of my other passions, literature. God knows how I've managed to get away for so long without reading this!:?

Oooh are you loving it LM? How good is Rivers? I want him as my psychiatrist :hihi:

I really, really love that trilogy. I may have mentioned it on this thread before, in fact :suspect:

I have now gone for a complete change and am going to start Robert Rankin's "the da-da-de-da-da code"

Whooo Hooo....a return to form from the mad genius Mr Rankin after a couple of poor and feeble efforts. This one has a distinct "Brentford Trilogy" flavour about it (for those that know) and covers the familiar Rankin subjects such as crazed policemen, strange voices, running jokes, old charters and much taking tea with the parson. And music, and Robert Johnson.

Excellent stuff :D

Oooh are you loving it LM? How good is Rivers? I want him as my psychiatrist :hihi:

I really, really love that trilogy. I may have mentioned it on this thread before, in fact :suspect:

I am loving it! As for Rivers, I have to say I'd much rather be his patient then Yealland's:hihi:

I think a full review is called for directly I've finished The Ghost Road, and then I can discuss it properly:D