The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Just read Peony in Love by Lisa See.

A lovely historical novel that, although slightly predictable, provides a very interesting insight into Chinese culture and beliefs that as Westerners we view as totally mythical. Suffragette, I think you would enjoy it as it deals with womens oppression and longing for freedom.

Oooh - I will go and get it this lunchtime. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Nearly finished "Not in the Flesh" the latest Wexford novel from Ruth Rendell.

It's OK, but doesn't seem as well written as her earlier ones, its a bit disjointed and a bit of superfluous stuff about Somalians and genital mutilation seems shoe-horned in to give it a current and topical feel

Just finished this, not one of her best and I knew what was going on well before Wexford did.

On hols soon so the next fortnight I'll be mostly reading trash :D

Oooh *carrie*, snap!

Although I haven't picked it up for a few days now. I got distracted by James Frey's 'A Million Little Pieces', which breaks my heart each and every time.

Yes, I know about the controversy. I don't care.

It's for University, but I haven't read any for a week. I've only two weeks of holidays left and I plan to avoid work till absolutely necessary.