The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Jean Plaidy's Murder Most Royal, a fictionalised account of Anne Boleyn's life, pre and during Henry. I loved Philppa Gregory's books and Jean Plaidy's series pre-dates her by 60 years. It is a totally different interpretation and perspective to The Other Boleyn Girl. Only a few pages in and I'm loving it thus far.:thumbsup:

I'm about 7/8's of the way through Stephen fry's The Hippopotamus and I have to say it wasn't what I was expecting

No, it wasn't what I was expecting either. Quite entertaining but a bit disturbing at the same time. I also found it difficult to not picture the narrator as Stephen Fry himself.

Might give another of his a try though, possibly something more autobiographical or at least in his 'own voice'.

No, it wasn't what I was expecting either. Quite entertaining but a bit disturbing at the same time. I also found it difficult to not picture the narrator as Stephen Fry himself.

Might give another of his a try though, possibly something more autobiographical or at least in his 'own voice'.

Its a very odd book, I wish to read more of his stuff though