The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

If you didn't already know you can now use Sheffield library's on-line service to reserve the books you want and build a list of books you want to read. :cool:

Do you have a link for the library service? I haven't been a member of a library for years and don't know where the libraries are in Sheffield. It'd be good to check out if they have the books I like before trying to join.

Do you have a link for the library service? I haven't been a member of a library for years and don't know where the libraries are in Sheffield. It'd be good to check out if they have the books I like before trying to join.

Hi Ouija. Here is the link. Once you have joined if the library doesn't have a book, cd or dvd you want to borrow you can fill in a form in the "Using the library" bit and 9 times out of 10 they will buy it.

They have all the new releases usually and being able to order on line on the Online Library Catalogue means you just go and pick your books up. It also tells you where you are in the queue (if there is one) for the book. You can also choose which library you pick the book up from.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries/using-the-library/joining-the-library

Hi Ouija. Here is the link. Once you have joined if the library doesn't have a book, cd or dvd you want to borrow you can fill in a form in the "Using the library" bit and 9 times out of 10 they will buy it.

They have all the new releases usually and being able to order on line on the Online Library Catalogue means you just go and pick your books up. It also tells you where you are in the queue (if there is one) for the book. You can also choose which library you pick the book up from.

That's brilliant, thanks :thumbsup:

I'll save myself a fortune now!

<snipped>

or (my bold) they can borrow a copy of the book you require from another library in another city. (particularly if it's a rare item or out-of-print)

but, yes, as Simon says ( :P no pun intended :P ) the request/ reserve service is handy, to get your hands on the book/recording you need. It's a good service and very easy to use.

Just finished Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx and just about to start Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

Nice choice :thumbsup: I might read that again soon.

I might start Cerebus next - we've got most volumes of it and I've not tackled it yet. I'm also thinking about The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

A friend recommended this, I've never read any of her stuff. I gather they're all a bit samey after a while, but I must read it.

They are very similar. Her style doesn't vary much from book to book, I've found. But I find her books readable, although a little depressing, so I read them each time a new one comes out.