The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

I have just finished Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer. I don`t care what anyone else says I like his books. I have enjoyed every novel , but am not interested in the prison diaries. I don`t care to know about his life inside, he was a total prat. But there are many people who have done criminal or stupid things but people still buy their books, records, or go to see their films.

[re Use of Weapons - Iain M Banks] Its my favourite book of all time - I predict you'll want to re-read it as soon as you've finished

How very true! Thought the ending was amazing and devastating, loved the way it skewed everything that had gone before without being cheesy. Definitely one to go back to in a couple of years.

I have just finished Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer. I don`t care what anyone else says I like his books. I have enjoyed every novel , but am not interested in the prison diaries. I don`t care to know about his life inside, he was a total prat. But there are many people who have done criminal or stupid things but people still buy their books, records, or go to see their films.

I recently read that the late, great and very clever Alan Coren said that Jeffrey Archer was very bad at writing sentences but very good at writing novels. Since when I've felt much happier about enjoying Archer's novels too.

I recently read that the late, great and very clever Alan Coren said that Jeffrey Archer was very bad at writing sentences but very good at writing novels. Since when I've felt much happier about enjoying Archer's novels too.

Shame he wasn't so good at serving them - sentences that is.:rolleyes:

How very true! Thought the ending was amazing and devastating, loved the way it skewed everything that had gone before without being cheesy. Definitely one to go back to in a couple of years.

Hence my signature :thumbsup:

There used to be a fans website showing various Banksian art including a very graphic picture of THE CHAIR, it's a shame I can't find it anymore