The "I am currently reading" thread

discodown

Jus finished Ian McEwan On Chesil Beach. My first I M. Really enjoyed it, but typically, I was reading it on the bus and reached the s**, a woman reading over my shoulder was tutting, which I found rather amusing. A great read; beautiful, innocent and tragic.

I borrowed from Y6 in school The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne, as i prefer to read the books rather than see any film.

Wow, what a book, fantastically written from a childs point of view, for me the most poignant parts were where the author mis-spelt the most intrinsic words giving them an air of total innocence, as thought by a child of 9.

As for the ending.....not many books have had me in tears.

Sorry if this book has been mentioned in this thread before, but its far too long to trawl through to find out x

Jus finished Ian McEwan On Chesil Beach. My first I M. Really enjoyed it, but typically, I was reading it on the bus and reached the s**, a woman reading over my shoulder was tutting, which I found rather amusing. A great read; beautiful, innocent and tragic.

I really enjoyed that. I thought it was much better than Atonement.

I'm reading The Trial by Kafka. I loved the first 5 chapters but the middle section is quite heavy going, and goes into quite a lot of legal detail which is hard to read. But the slow pace is documenting K's decline in mental state beautifully.

Just started Northern Lights by Philip Pulman after a week or so when I just haven't felt like reading anything. Five chapters in and I'm enjoying it but am regretting slightly going to see Golden Compass at the cinema as that has imprinted on my mind

I'm really enjoying this. I know it's essentially a kids book so a lot of characterisation and background is underdeveloped but the story is gripping and it certainly is not anodyne. I cried when they found the child that had been separated from his daemon and I've found myself pondering on the book whilst down the pub drinking with friends. It's quite disturbing to think of people without a soul, but it's also terrific fun.

I´m reading a rather... interesting...book called ´Until I Find You´ by John Irving.

I´m only around 240 pages in out of about 1000 but its shaping up to be a really good book, if a little hard to stomach sometimes.